Birch, Sweet Essential Oil
Birch oil is a purifying, uplifting and stimulating oil that encourages detoxification of the body when inhaled or applied topically. The properties in birch essential oil promote comfort and relaxation, and support the body's own ability to boost effectiveness of it’s healing cycles.
Botanical (Latin) Name: : Betula Lenta
Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Possible Uses: Birch essential oil properties are uplifting, aid in calming inflamation, numbs pain, soothes spasms, cleanses and purifies. Thanks to an active principle similar to cortisone, it may be beneficial for bone, muscle and joint discomfort.
Blends well with: fir, sweet basil, bergamot,cajeput, cedarwood, German chamomile, Roman chamomile, frankincense, juniperberry, rosemary, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, marjoram, peppermint, sandalwood, wintergreen.
- Avoid if pregnant or nursing, taking anticoagulant medication, or have had or are having major surgery
- Should not be used on or given to children under 12.
- Do not use if you have GERD or ADD/ADHD.
- Do not use on entire body due to high methyl salicylate content.
- Do not use after or during flu.
- Avoid if you have hemophilia or another blood disorder. May interact with blood pressure, antiplatelet and anticoagulant medications.
- Should not be given to people with salicylate sensitivity (often applies in ADD/ADHD).
- Avoid with epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease.
- For external use only.
This information is for educational purposes only, it is not intended to treat, cure, prevent or, diagnose any disease or condition. Nor is it intended to prescribe in any way. This information is for educational purposes only and may not be complete, nor may its data be accurate.
As with all essential oils, never use them undiluted. Do not take internally unless working with a qualified and expert practitioner. Keep away from children. If applying an essential oil to your skin always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body (after you have properly diluted the oil in an appropriate carrier.)
Keep out of reach of children. Seek medical advice if pregnant, have High Blood Pressure, Epilepsy or other medical conditions.