Our 100% Natural Moroccan Argan Oil is Certified Organic, Virgin and De-odorized. Argan oil naturally contains exceptionally high amounts of essential fatty acids, one of which is linoleic acid (omega 6) ensuring the functions of repair and defense of the skin. Essential fatty acids fight against drying and the loss of elasticity, which leads to the appearance of wrinkles. This beneficial action is reinforced by a very high content in Vitamin E (tocopherols) which has moisturizing and healing properties and is one of the most powerful biological antioxidants in neutralizing free radicals. Apply to any area of the body to relieve dryness, itchiness, inflammation or any other skin, hair or nail ailment.
100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil
- Essential Unsaturated Fatty Acids ~ Fatty acids are necessary for the human body in many ways, but they are not synthesized by the body. Therefore they can only be obtained through some external means like diet or oil treatment such as Argan oil. Luckily enough Argan oil contains as much as 80 % of essential fatty acids in its overall composition. All the fatty acids present in Argan oil have antioxidant and moisturizing properties. They are vital for manufacturing and repairing cell membranes. They are also instrumental in obtaining optimum nutrition as well as in excreting harmful waste materials. These fatty acids regulate the sebum production by sebaceous glands and go in the formation of prostaglandins. These essential fatty acids are all important for the regulation and maintenance of healthy skin and prevention of premature aging signs.
- Prostaglandins ~ As said earlier prostaglandins formed from fatty acids under enzyme action within the cell, are important in catalyzing numerous processes. They are anti-inflammatory and have a bearing on overall cell development and growth.
- Vitamin E ~ Importance of this fat soluble vitamin can’t be over emphasized. Excellent anti-free radicals and antioxidant Vitamin E protects the Vitamin A levels and essential fatty acids in the body. It is anti-inflammatory and gives strength to capillary walls. It prevents the evaporation of moisture from epidermis in skin. It acts as a barrier against aging of cells and promotes the nourishment of cells. Vitamin E is seen to be very helpful against scarring from wounds and stretch marks.
- Polyphenols ~ Polyphenols or phenolic compounds present in Argan oil are natural components of most of the plants. These compounds have the reputation of being anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-aging, anti-allergic and antioxidant.
- Ferulic Acid ~ Ferulic acid is the most abundant phenolic compound present in Argan oil. Its antioxidant potency increases on exposure to ultra violet radiations, thus it is a very potent barrier against the damaging effects of ultra violet radiation. It is an important ingredient in anti-aging mixtures.
- Carotenoids ~ Natural fat soluble carotenoids protect the skin from ultra violet radiation and free radical reactivity. They maintain healthy skin and are an effective barrier against arthritis.
- Sterols ~ Chemical structure of plant sterols and human sterols is strikingly similar. Therefore sterols present in Argan oil work in great harmony with human skin. They perform a multitude of functions as part of Argan oil like keeping structural integrity of cell membrane, reducing inflammation, improving skin metabolism process and moisture retention. They are primary component of the outermost layer of human skin and functions like an optimal barrier. Sterols are very easily absorbable and penetrable.