Coconut Oil - Fractionated
Fractionated Coconut Oil (also known as Medium Chain Triglycerides - MTC) is a liquid form of coconut oil which has been fractionated by steam distillation to contain only the medium chain triglycerides. This gives an indefinite shelf life and its gentle, light, moisturizing properties allows this skin nourishing oil to be used as a replacement for mineral oil for babies as well as in bath oils, massage oils, and as a carrier for essential oils.
Fractionated Coconut Oil is a "fraction" of solid coconut oil, meaning that it contains only the liquid portion, so it does not go solid, but remains a stable liquid.
This oil is favoured by massage therapists due to these qualities, as well as the fact that it is extremely stable.
Features And Benefits
- Liquid down to very low temperatures.
- It has essentially an infinite shelf life.
- Ideal for massage therapy because its consists completely of saturated fatty acid side chains it is more like animal fat and absorbs more readily into the skin.
- Washes out of your massage table sheets very easily with no staining.
- Because its the lightest of all the carrier oils, it will spray through a pump sprayer with ease. This is also makes it handy for massage therapists as they can spray their massage blends using it right on the customer.
- Leaves your skin feeling silky smooth without that greasy feeling.
- Cost effective, one of least expensive carrier oils.
- Completely soluble with all essential oils and compatible with soaps.
- Great for use as a single carrier or in combination with other, more expensive carrier oils to get the cost down and to improve the shelf life of the final product.
Directions For Use
- Oil should be body temperature or slightly warmed
- Apply directly to clean dry skin as desired or pour desired amount in palm and massage gently.
- Re-apply as desired to achieve desired lubricity.
- Store away from heat & light.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut) Oil